Sensors and Switches are mechanical-type sensing devices that do not require power to operate. Engineered based on time-proven principles such as buoyancy, conductivity, magnetic latching, capacitance and more, SWI sensors and switches are manufactured to provide reliable industrial process measurement year after year. Click on a sensing device below to learn more about our available sensors and switches product line.
SWI TS Series | Fixed Set-Point Temperature Switch
The TS Series Fixed Temperature Switch is an electromechanical device designed to detect a variation in the temperature of liquids and gases. The TS enables the user to customize a fixed temperature setpoint between +50º F (+10º C) and +250º F (+121.1º C). Comprised entirely of 316L stainless steel, additional switch options include normally-open or normally-closed contacts.
Principles of Operation
As the process temperature around the switch rises, gas filled within the stem expands. Then, a membrane within the switch body mechanically activates a snap action switch once it closes the electrical circuit.
SWI TS Series
- Compact Size
- Repeatability of ± 2% of Sensor Capacity
- Custom Temperatures From +50° F to +250° F (+10° C to +121.1° C)
- Vibration & Ambient Temperature Protection
- Thermal Isolation Between Switch & Sensor
- Fast Response & Accurate Temperature Control
- Normally-Open or Normally-Closed Contacts
- Food & Beverage Equipment
- Medical & Pharmaceutical
- Oil & Gas Equipment
- Automotive Components
- Temperature Alarms
- Switch Rating: 4 Amps at 240 VAC/24 VDC
- Ambient Temperature: -65º to +225º F (-54º to +107º C)
- Process Temperature: -45º to +275º F (-42.8º to +135º C)
- Process Pressure: 1,000 PSIG (68.9 bar)
- Construction Material: 316L Stainless Steel
<< Back >>