When FireChek® Senses excessive heat from a nearby fire,it immediately vents the pneumatic actuator and closes the actuator air supply line.
FireChek® triggers quickly,securing pneumatically operated process line valves. Because FireChek® responds to heat,not flame,it offers dramatically improved protection compared with conventional plastic tubing burn-through.It shuts off the air supply line to prevent plant air from feeding oxygen to a fire.
- Rapidly responds to temperature rise, NOT flames
- Vents actuator air pressure
- Closes actuator air supply line
- Needs no power source, self activates
- Compatible with ALL pneumatic actuators
- No contact with process fluids
- Easy to test and reset
- Reliable, intrinsic triggering
- Easily retrofit, installs in minutes
Shape Memory Alloy Actuator:
The shape memory element senses the ambient temperature and, through a phase induction change, rapidly produces the force and motion to operate FireChek®. The element is 100% reliable because the shape memory effect is intrinsic to the alloy. Shape memory alloys have performed successfully for years in military, industrial, and consumer product applications.
If FireChek® senses temperatures above the shape memory alloy's actuation temperature, the shape memory element simultaneously vents pneumatic actuator air pressure and closes upstream supply pressure.
manual reset allows routine performance testing for safety maintenance programs. A hot-air gun will quickly actuate FireChek®. After cooling briefly, the FireChek® can easily be reset without the use of tools, for continued protection.
FireChek® installs easily between the pneumatic supply and spring return actuator via two female threaded connections.
- MEMRY® Shape Memory Alloy Actuator and Sensor
- DELRIN® Thermal Insulators
- BUNA-N O-rings
- 300 Series SS Body Cover, Reset, Shuttle Cap, Pin, and Bias Spring
- 1/4-18 NPT American Standard Tapered Pipe
Actuation time: 25 seconds or less at a temperature rise rate of 30°F/min
Actuation Temperature: 135, 150, or 165°F
Maximum Working Control Pressure: 125 PSIG
Fill and Discharge Capacity: 1 liter of air in under 1 second at 125 PSIG
Cv = 0.49
Overall Dimensions: Length = 2.59" | Diameter = 1" | Weight = 0.482 lbs.