The PD686 is an Intrinsically Safe and Nonincendive, NEMA 4X, loop-powered indicator that is easy to install and program and can be seen from considerable distance. The fact that this meter is loop-powered means that there is no need to run additional, costly power lines into a hazardous area; the meter gets all of the power it needs from the 4-20 mA loop and the PD686's 1 V drop results in a minimal burden on the loop. The meter features FM and CSA approvals as Intrinsically Safe and Nonincendive, a wide -40 to 85°C operating temperature range, and is provided with a ½" conduit hole in a location of your choice for easy installation. Calibration is a quick two-step process involving the adjustment of only two non-interacting potentiometers.
- 4-20 mA Input
- NEMA 4X
- 1 V Drop
- 3½ Digit LCD 1" (25.4 mm) High
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to 85°C
- ½ Conduit Hole Provided
- Intrinsically Safe with Entity Class I, II, III; Div. 1; Gp A, B, C, D, E, F, G
- Non-incendive: Class I, II, III; Div2; Gp A, B, C, D, F, G
PD686 Loop-Powered NEMA 4X Intrinsically Safe & Nonincendive Digital Meter Instruction Manual
- Input: 4-20 mA @ 30 VDC maximum
- Display: 1.0" (25.4 mm) LCD, 3½ digits; 1999
- Accuracy: ±0.1% FS ±1 count
- Approvals: FM Approved & CSA Certified as intrinsically safe with entity, for use in Class I, II, III, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, & G; T-code = T4; hazardous locations. Non-incendive for use in Class I, II, III, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D, F, & G.
- Entity Parameters: Vmax= 30 V, Imax = 175 mA, Ci= 0 µF, Li = 0 µH, Pi = 1.3 W
- FM Approved: Intrinsically Safe, Class I Zone 0
Decimal Point: User selectable
- Calibration: Two-step; non-interacting zero and span
- Calibration Range: 4 mA input: -1000 to +1000;
- 20 mA input: between 20 and 2000 counts > 4 mA display
- Display Update Rate: 2.5/second
- Maximum Input Current: 30 mA
- Maximum Voltage Drop: 1 V @ 20 mA
- Operating Temperature: PD686: -40 to 85°C
for Canadian installations -40 to 40°C.
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 85°C
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 90% non-condensing
- Enclosure: Impact-resistant glass filled polycarbonate body, color: gray; impact-resistant clear polycarbonate cover; NEMA 4X, IP67
- Connections: Removable screw terminals accept 12 to 26 AWG
- HART Transparency: Analog input will not interfere with existing HART communications on the wired 4-20 mA signal
- Conduit Hole: One ½" conduit hole provided; refer to Ordering Information to specify conduit hole location; request models with rear conduit hole (-X) for panel mounting applications.
- Weight: 12 oz (340 g)
- Warranty: 2 years parts & labor